Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Locals Only: T.Shirt

This artist goes by the name of T.Shirt,  and believe me he has this confident, mellow, charismatic and gritty flow that is sure to win over your ears. His beat selection is quite impressive, full of soul and charisma.

What sets him apart from all the artists I've promoted on this blog is that he's very artistically creative. It was the first trait I picked up once I visited his blogs. He's quite intelligent and plus shows this humble love towards the arts whether it's music, photography and fashion.

"There's nothing better than making something with your friends. Sometimes, I just gotta forget about the outside world listening in and remember who I really made this for first and foremost. When I've rapped for myself in the past I never got the kind of response I wanted.. it's only when I rap for us.. when I take how I feel, what Darvin goes through, Dred, how Ronin's felt, my brothers.. I'm just trying to tell our story.. and I'm just trying to get it right.. inspire us. I think J Cole said it best, "My story ain't the only one I'm trying to tell" - that shit just rang so true to me. We are the tan-face children. We are the pioneers. Maybe you have to know all of us to understand.. maybe it gives you a familiar feeling." - T.Shirt

Keep this dude on your radar.


T.Shirt - Never LOL

T.Shirt - Hip Hop


Make sure you check him out on his: Twitter, Tumblr, IllRapper, BandCamp and his YouTube channel

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment