Friday, December 10, 2010

Like the fire needs the air, I won't burn unless you're there



Maze, soul slash quiet storm band, was established in San Francisco, California in the early 1970s. It was founded by Frankie Beverly, Philadelphia native, who is an American singer, songwriter and producer. They have released six albums with five of them receiving Gold status sales.

This is one of my favourite songs by Maze. It's titled "I Need You".


"Like the flowers need the rain like a blind-man needs his cane, I need you
Like the darkness needs the night and the moon-glow needs the light,I need you
Like the children need to play they laugh and sing from day to day, I need you

I found out about you I can't live without you


Like a person needs a soul like the winter needs the cold, I need you

Like the fire needs the air I won't burn unless your there, I need you

Like a baby needs to cry if you go I swear I'll die, I need you"

Fast forward a few years in the future and the song is sampled in the "Hustler's Ambition" record by 50 Cent. Believe me, this song will not disappoint as well.



0 comments:

Post a Comment