Monday, January 10, 2011

Throwback: The Pimp Juice Era

I don't know about some of you but my favourite rapper used to be Nelly. I didn't exactly find him lyrical, the deepest or heck even just the best out there but I knew one thing, he made good music that I can have a good time too.

I was a white little boy with minimal knowledge of the English language wearing clothes from Goodwill but I loved the sound he had. His music is forced by some unforgettable hooks and nonsense verses that you couldn't help but love.

I actually believe Nelly changed commercial hip hop for the fact that he was singing on his songs and that's when the Ja Rule Era spawned. It should really be called The Pimp Juice Era because Nelly dictated the billboards and the clubs. When I come to think about it, Nelly came into the game with his own sound and when they greeted the success so well, everybody was sounding like Nelly. Much like many trends in Hip Hop.

If you are 20 to 25 years old, I will not believe you if you claim that you didn't like these songs.


Nelly - Country Grammar

Nelly & The St. Lunatics - Ride With Me


Nelly & Kelly Rowland - Dilemma

Nelly - Pimp Juice


Nelly - E.I

Nelly & Tim McGraw - Over And Over Again


Nelly - Flap Your Wings

Nelly & Jaheim - My Place


Nelly, Diddy & Murphy Lee - Shake Your Tailfeather

Nelly - Hot In Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment